Thursday, September 30, 2010

English 100-20 Task 2, Response to Interview Process

Chayse J. Adams
English 100-20 Task 2, Response to Interview Process
9-30-2010
English 100-20 Task 2, Response to Interview Process
My interview process went pretty well for the most part. My grandmother still managed to find a way to keep talking and talking even though I asked closed ended questions sometimes. After a few minutes of rambling she would catch herself and say sorry, I didn’t want to hurt her feelings so I just smiled and laughed, saying, “it’s okay, it gives me more information I can recall on if I need to, to spice something up a bit. But my next question is…” and it all seemed to work out good, she stayed enthusiastic which was my main concern, that I could discourage her from sharing information if I said anything about her rambling.
I went to my grandma’s house tonight after my last class got out at 8pm, 9-30-2010, to conduct the interview. I called her a few nights before to make sure it would be okay because it was about the only time that was convenient for me and she confirmed it was. I told her okay we’ll make it a date then. When I arrived she had been expecting me and had cookies and milk ready when I walked into the door. So we chatted, conducted the interview and chatted some more while eating our cookies, it was a great night.
I learned that my grandma went to several colleges and earned a major in Teaching Sciences and minored in Science Technologies. Obviously I confirmed my theory that science was her strong point in academics, which I already thought I knew. She attended St. Joseph Junior College, which no-longer exists, it was pre-MWSU, and also attended North West Missouri Teachers College, which was before became what it is known as today, and many more facts, which I will talk about in my paper.
I constructed a question sheet numbered numerically so I could refer to a likewise answer/response sheet also numbered numerically for easy reference to the questions. This will allow me to organize questions into related topics that I will base the paragraphs off of, and insert my information I obtained through the interview. A concern I have is that my grandma is going out of town all next week and I hope that I have enough information to support my entire essay. I hope that I have taken well enough notes of her ramble and responses to questions I asked to thour-o-ly support my essay. Extremely sorry, absolutely could not figure out how to spell that word! (To not miss anything, get everything, like a health inspector at a restaurant).  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chayse,

    It sounds like you received a lot of great info for this writing assignment. I anticipate a great paper. If you do need more time, remember that you can ask for an extension with this paper especially if you are afraid that you may not have enough info. Let me know what you think!

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete