Tuesday, September 28, 2010

5 Questions to Ask My Grandma during Interview Paper and Reasoning for Asking

Chayse J. Adams
ENG 100-20: 5 Questions to Ask
9-28-2010
5 Questions to Ask My Grandma during Interview Paper and Reasoning for Asking

1.      What is your highest level of education achieved?
·         I will ask this to because it will set up the questions to be asked throughout my essay.
2.      What schools did you receive those degrees of education from?
·         To find out where she received her education.
3.      Why did you peruse further education?
·         To find out why she was driven to further her education. Was it for better paying job opportunities or personal gain of knowledge?
4.      Did you achieve your educational goal you wished to reach?
·         To find out if she completed as far as she wished to study or if there was a reason to end her studies early.
5.      Does your job or jobs reflect your education or area of study?
·         To find out if her education has been an essential part of her career success.
*I know my Grandma has gone to college to further her education, however, I don’t know what level of education she has achieved, where she achieved it, why, if she went as far as she would have wished to, or if her job reflects what she studied in college. This is most of the main information I would like to obtain through Task 2. The only thing I worry about with this task is being overloaded with too much useless, irrelevant information. When you get my grandma talking, bless her heart, you can’t get her to stop! One area I struggle with in writing is ridding out information that is not needed, so that is the last thing I need from my Grandma. One way I believe I can avoid this is by following my open-ended questions up with lots of closed-ended questions being sure to only obtain needed, relevant information for my essay.

1 comment:

  1. HI Chayse,

    Be patient with your grandmother. Perhaps you can conduct the interview over the course of a couple of days. Focus your questions pertaining to your assertion. For instance, if you are interesting in writing about a role model--guide your questions to this.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete