Monday, September 20, 2010

Chayse J. Adams
9-20-10
Homework for Sept. 22

*Prompt
Respond to your blog, subjects that you are interested in interviewing and writing about for Task Two.
• Why are you interested in these subjects?
• What makes him/her interesting and unique?
• What sort of questions would you ask and why?
• What sort of problems do you think may arise for Task Two?
• What do you anticipate? Why?
• What questions do you have for Task Two?

My Grandma Adams: Because she is older and may have a lot of interesting experiences to write about. I know she finished high school but didn’t go on to college, maybe there was a reason why she didn’t or maybe it just wasn’t necessary for her. She has been successful in raising 3 kids and always supporting her family, always having a house over their head and food in the refrigerator. In other words, no schooling other than high school diploma and still successful, I could ask why or how.

My Grandpa Renalds: Because he has gone back to school and started his own business. He is older as well and might have something interesting enough to base my paper on. I could ask why he went back to school. Why he started his business and if his college education was necessary for his businesses success.

My Grandma Renalds: Because she graduated high school, got a I don’t know what in college and became a high school chemistry teacher and is now working for Beringer Inglehiem, something to do with chemicals there but I don’t know what. She has been a successful woman. I could ask why she got a college degree. Why she became a teacher and why she quit it to work for the company she presently works for. She is going to retire next year, I could ask how her college degree may have affected the quality of the jobs he has been given the opportunity of was effected by her education.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chayse,

    I think that any of these subjects would be excellent to talk to for Task Two. Who are you most interested to talk to?

    As a reader, I am really interested in reading about Grandpa Renalds because he went back to school as he got older. You might focus on why he went back. How has school changed for him? What interesting tales does he have to share? How having a college education may differ from only having a HS diploma.

    I would also be interested in learning more about Grandma Renalds too.

    ReplyDelete